Free School Meals
In the current situation family circumstances and needs can change swiftly and unexpectedly. Please see the the information below about free school meals and use the link to apply if you think you may be eligible.
During the current COVID-19 School Closures, parents/carers of P1 to P3 pupils are requested to apply for Free School Meals in order to receive meal vouchers. When schools return, all P1 to P3 pupils will resume their automatic entitlement.
Pupils are eligible for free school meals if their parents or carers receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC), with an income under £16105 with effect from 6 April 2015.
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is under £6,900
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit and your monthly earned income is not more than £610
Pupils are eligible for free school meals in their own right if they are between 16-18 and fall into any of these categories.